LMS change – Notice and takedown policy
If you are a rights holder and are concerned that you have found material on our website, for which you have not given permission, or is not covered by a limitation or exception in national law, please contact us in writing stating the following:
- Your contact details.
- The full bibliographic details of the material.
- The full url where you found the material.
- Proof that you are the rights holder and a statement that, under penalty of perjury, you are the rights holder or are an authorised representative.
Suzanne Enright (Director of Information Services)
University of Westminster
101 New Cavendish Street
LONDON W1W 6XH
Upon receipt of notification the ‘Notice and Takedown’ procedure is then invoked as follows:
- The LMS change project will acknowledge receipt of your complaint by email or letter and will make an initial assessment of the validity and plausibility of the complaint.
- Upon receipt of a valid complaint the material will be temporarily removed from the LMS change website pending an agreed solution.
- The complainant and the project will resolve the issue swiftly and amicably and to the satisfaction of both parties, with the following possible outcomes:
- The material is replaced on the LMS change website unchanged.
- The material is replaced on the LMS change website with changes.
- The material is permanently removed from the website.
- If the project and the complainant are unable to agree a solution, the material will removed from the website until a time when a resolution has been reached.
This policy is based largely on the notice and takedown policy developed by the British Library.